Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 2 - Not sure why I like it!

Here it is Friday again, and I haven't picked up my camera in a week! I don't want to give up on my 52-photos-a-year, so I'm going into the archive. This photo is one that I took several years ago near the Seattle Space Needle. I've always thought it was cool, but I've never really understood what I liked about it.


One thing that I like about it is the reminder of the weekend in Seattle. I went with my girls and MIL to see the musical CATS. In one of those oddball circumstances, we had just been to that area with our girl scout troop the week before. But on this trip, we spent Sunday morning wondering around, climbing on sculptures, and giggling. This sculpture was the base for a good game of peek-a-boo.

On the photo side, I like the mystery around this photo. The small depth of field accentuates the mystery. What is this thing? The vertical lines leaning both directions - nothing is out of balance.

One thing that I don't like - this photo seems to have no subject. What is it a picture of? While it interests me, I can't see it going onto my wall. It seems a bit boring. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment